Re: Clutch

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: lb7777@wcrtc.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:59:26 -0500
I have a similar story with a better ending. In the early 70's I had a
throw out bearing go bad. Not wanting to take the engine out, I went to
a local hotrod mechanic in a neighbors filling station. He slide the
tranny back as far as he could then replaced the throw ot bearing by
feel, not being able to see what he was doing. I was amazed. In the late
70's I took the 260 out and put in a very highly modified 289. At that
time I put in the very best clutch that I could find. (can't remember
the name) It has lasted until the 90's. The engine is now out again and
waiting for my brother to finish a rebuild, with a new clutch again.
There is just no easy way to make a complete clutch change with out
doing major work.
Larry