RE: Desktop Dyno Fun

To: <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Desktop Dyno Fun
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 23:10:37 -0800
Bob, thanks.  This resolves some of the difference but not all.  If I
run three different cases, all the same displacement but with different
rod and stroke combinations, then the HP and Torque curves track up to
about the torque peak but then diverge with the higher bore to stroke
ratios making more HP and torque.

I have read that larger bore engines have an advantage because the
larger the bore the less valve shrouding and therefore have an advantage
with respect to breathing but I doubt this software program is
considering that.  Also, we know that the long stroke engines have more
frictional forces in the cylinders, maybe the program is accounting for
the higher frictional losses of the long stroke motors which would show
up more at higher RPM.  I kind of doubt the software is looking at that
either but maybe.

Frank