Fulcrum pins

To: "Steve" <future@speakeasy.org>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrum pins
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:47:50 +0500
Hi Steve,

I suggest 4140 or 4340 (EN19, EN24) for the pins and if you use the plastic
bushes make the pin thicker (0.875" to use without the sleeve.) You can also
increase the main shaft diameter to one inch and .875" across the flats.
Make sure all the steps are really well radiused and use marine grease to
stop the corrosion+fatigue killer. If you run the plastic bushes directly on
the pin, the pin must be polished nicely.  If you want more security go with
John Logan's outside support which is a good idea. Dan Walters helped with
these design mods above. cheers, derek

Derek White
37/2 Buller's Lane
Colombo 7