Speedometer update

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer update
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:07:25 -0600
With the aid of Larry Paulick's outstanding article on TU, I rebuilt my
speedometer over the weekend.  I'll share my experience and maybe add a
couple of tips to Larry's advice after I'm all done.

Now all I need to do is replace the cable I chewed up.  SS doesn't sell just
the cable, but rather the entire housing for $40, plus it will take a few
days to ship one here from CA.  I found a Ford cable and housing for $17 at
my local AutoZone store.  It is part number CA-3010.  It appears to be
nearly identical to the one I got from SS, but is about 2-1/2" too long.
I'm planning on cutting it to the proper length and squaring off the end in
a vise to make it work.  Has anybody use this cable with success?

Alternatively, I could just replace the housing as well and avoid the
cutting, but it took a fair amount of effort to snake the current housing
pass the headers and into place, so I'm trying to avoid that route.

Comments?  Suggestions?

Jim Pickard
B9473298