Re: 302 Conversion

To: "Randall L Garrison" <camrymaker@juno.com>
Subject: Re: 302 Conversion
From: "Kris Waters" <mxracer2@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 00:29:14 -0800
    You can use your stock slave if you use the internal hydraulic throwout
bearing.  We opted for a pivot type external system which required a long
throw and more fluid than the stock slave could give.  That's the only
reason we changed it.  I believe we switched to a slave off of a truck
application.

    You could scrap the whole hydraulic system and convert it to a cable
system, but then you'd be tearing out your clutch pedal system under the
dash.  I think it's a lot easier to keep the hydraulics.  Good luck!