RE: 302 Conversion

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 302 Conversion
From: "Jim Blackwood" <jblackwood5@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 07:45:40 -0400
Question about the throw out bearing, Weber recommends not using
silicone fluid. After testing their seals for swelling I concluded it
must be for reasons of wear due to regular fluid being more slippery and
ultimately decided to go with the Valvoline synpower or whatever it is.
I've run silicone for over 20 years otherwise but have had some wear in
master cylinders. Anyone have any insight on this?

Jim