...alone and naked

To: Tiger Submission <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: ...alone and naked
From: "Harry B. Elam" <harryb@elams.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:51:58 -0400
Gary,
My 2nd Tiger had a tired original 260 when I bought it in 1983. I rebuilt
the engine from my 1st Tiger and installed it in 1994. I replaced the
press-in rocker studs with screw in ones, replaced the valve springs, used
SPS rod bolts, a C9OZ Cobra hydraulic cam and lifters that don't float. It
has performed up to 7000 RPM with no new horsepower after 5800 to 6000. I
get about 200 hp at the rear wheels on the dyno and it is still gong strong
with over 100,000 miles on the engine. I agree the 260 suits me just fine.
Don't feel too alone. Naked is OK.

Harry Elam
B382000471