RE: water pump snout

To: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pump snout
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:33:02 +0500
This may be the cause of your cooling problems. There are several different
timing covers and some are thicker and have a deeper recess to take a pump
which has the impeller protruding from the pump. The other has a smaller
recess for a pump which has the impeller inside the pump housing. You may
have an enclosed impeller AND a deep timing cover. If you do keep the deep
timing cover and get a good new aluminium w/pump with a closed impeller
(they flow better.)

cheers, derek

Derek White
37/2 Buller's Lane