CELEBRATE "BRITISH CAR WEEK IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND"

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: CELEBRATE "BRITISH CAR WEEK IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND"
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:58:43 -0700
CELEBRATE "BRITISH CAR WEEK IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND"
SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST, 2003--RAIN OR SHINE

UPDATED PAGE!

The Second Annual celebration of British Car Week in Southern Maryland will
take place at Little Cove Farm in Saint Leonard, MD.on Sunday, June 1st,
2003. We again invite the entire British Car community to take a pleasant
drive in the lovely Southern Maryland countryside and join us for a relaxed,
free-form picnic with other LBC (Little British Car) owners and their
families. And on your way down you're also welcome to participate in "The
Great Patuxent Valley Rallye" which will start that morning near Upper
Marlboro, MD. and end at the farm front gate.

The main event is a picnic at Little Cove Farm, and all are invited to pack
family and/or pets aboard, bring whatever they may want to eat, drink and
play with, and come out for a day of fun and fellowship with others who enjoy
driving and owning vintage vehicles. This year we will be setting up large
tents and picnic tables to provide shade and comfortable seating. We'll also
have more to do and enjoy: Live music ("Fiddler Miriam" O'Conner and the Joe
Curta Band), hayrides, nature walks, a beekeeper's exhibit, etc. If you're
coming directly to the picnic, arrive anytime after 10:00 A.M.

The rallye is of the "Observation" type--there are no distances to measure,
average speeds to maintain or the like. Rather, you'll be given a set of
simple driving instructions and asked to supply answers to questions relating
to what you will see along the 50-mile course. All you need to bring is a
pencil and a sense of humor--you can even run it without a navigator, but
having someone to help you find the answers will be more fun. Rallye Drivers
can get an early start any time after 9:30 AM-last car out by 10:15 AM-just
show up at the Marlboro Crossing Shopping Center in front of the Giant
Store-The Rallye will take about 1-1/2 hours to run on rural roads along the
shores of the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland's lovely countryside. The
course ends at our farm and awards will be presented at the picnic during the
afternoon.

Last year we had about 65 cars--This year we are expecting many more, and you
can help make it so: Pass the word along to your friends and fellow car-club
members, and have this event placed on your club's calendar and in its
newsletter: The web address for this page is: <A
HREF="http://www.chesapeake.net/%7Eoritt/%20";>www.chesapeake.net/~oritt/ </A>

TO REACH THE PICNIC:  Saint Leonard, MD, is about midway between Prince
Frederick and Solomons Island on Route 4 (less than an hour from the Capital
Beltway or Annapolis). Turn west off of Route 4 at Parran Road, go about 1
mile to a T-intersection at Mackall Road, turn left and go 2 miles to Garrity
Road, turn left and go 1/4 mile to Little Cove Farm at 2455 Garrity Road --
Just follow the British flags!

TO REACH THE RALLYE:  From Route 4 and US 301 (near Upper Marlboro) go south
on 301 about 1/10 mile and enter the Giant Supermarket parking lot (east side
of 301). The Driver's Meeting will commence at 10:00 AM and cars will start
immediately thereafter. Driving the rallye will take about an hour and a half
and the course ends at the farm -- We guarantee that you can't get lost!

We look forward to seeing you--Michael and Mary Oritt.  For further
information email us at:  <A HREF="http:///";>awgertoo@aol.com</A><A
HREF="http://www.chesapeake.net/~oritt/contactus.htm";> </A>

This page was updated May 7th - No further updates are expected, and this
event will happen RAIN OR SHINE