RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem Again

To: "'Steve Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem Again
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:59:02 -0400
Steve
        At first I thought you were describing a problem with the ignition
wires probably at the ballast resistor which could be a loose or poor wire
connection.   Check to make sure the ballast resistor is not shorting to
ground.
        Then you mentioned the paint flakes in the filter before the pump.
I had a problem with fuel starvation at speed only but the main problem was
paint flakes in the fuel line between the crossover pipe and my filter
before the pump.   I had to empty the tanks and remove the crossover pipe to
get all the paint out of the fuel supply line.
        It is very possible that the fuel pump you have does not actually
draw fuel; it needs the weight of the fuel to aid in its pumping action.
Any obstruction in the supply line would severely limit the action of the
pump.
If it stalled in your driveway you could check the carb for fuel level.

Hope that helps
Ron Fraser

---