Thanks Oil Filter Adapter

Subject: Thanks Oil Filter Adapter
From: FunbeamChuck <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:02:06 -0400
Thanks to all who sent suggestions on an oil filter for use with the Ford
Motorsport Oil Filter Adapter. I tried a Fram PH3600 and even though at has
a smaller diameter than the FL-1A, it is too long to fit with the LAT oil
pan. The middle to bottom of the pan extends out just enough to make it not
fit. I tried a Fram PH3614, same diameter, but a "shortie" and it, too hits
the pan. I have been told some motor mount cutting and grinding would make
it fit, but I am unable and unwilling to do that to this stock car.
I was initially trying to get away from the Ford Motorcraft "shortie"
FL-313, but it works just fine and I change oil so often, I'll just continue
to use them.
Thanks again for your wisdom and suggestions.
All the Best,
FunbeamChuck