Re: Electrical Problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Problem
From: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:10:07 -0400
I think Stu is on the right track, especially if the tach reading drops
when the
"bump" occurs.  Having experienced the same sort of thing with a Renault
(I know, I know - what was I thinking) several years back, I would carefully
check that any ground connections are intact.  Due to the many small
movements of the engine and gearbox as a vehicle moves down the road,
a ground connection can easily be broken momentarily resulting in just
what you have been observing.  Took me about two years to track down
the problem in the Renault - the ground was a small wire screwed to the
engine block, not a big strap like the Tiger.  And to think Ampere, Biot and
Savart were all French!
Regards,
Tod
B382002384LRXFE