Re: IFS/IRS question

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: IFS/IRS question
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:18:27 -0700
Hi Theo:
I think you're right about the sheetmetal work if I want to move the
cage further up into the body of the car!

As far as why the Jag hub hits--that's a darned good question.  I wish I
had a darned good answer :-).  I'm generally okay on travel with the
current setup.  The stock Tiger has about 3+ inches of upward axle
travel before the bump stop hits; my setup has about 3 inches also--as
long as I don't lower the car.

It could be that the hub-to-hub width is close to a stock Tiger.  I
believe that there's more hub housing sticking inboard with the Jag
setup.  If that's the case, it could explain why the Tiger hub/brakes
will clear and the Jag's hub doesn't.  The car is down at Smitty's for
some other work.  I'll have to get down there and do some comparisons
with other tigers to come up with a better answer.

Regards

David