Intermittent Stall Progress?

Subject: Intermittent Stall Progress?
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:31:38 -0700
Thanks for the many suggestions on what to look for to track down my
intermittent stalling and "bumping" Tiger. The weight of the comments
leaned toward an electrical or ignition problem. I called Pertronix
again, and tech support there suggested some additional things to check
for to make sure the ignition is functioning correctly, but everything
proved to be OK (wiring connections, grounds, etc.). I had noticed that
slightly sliding either of the two fuse block fuses along their clips
caused a break in their circuit. I scraped the clips that hold the fuses
and that seemed to solve that problem. The next day, though, the car
started stalling again when hot. Next I pulled all the wires and clips
off the fuse block, noticed they all had some level of corrosion, and
scraped the clips and fuse block posts with a wire brush and
re-assembled everything. That was on Wednesday night, and driving
Thursday (cool weather) and today (warm to hot weather) with the AC,
auxillary fan and stereo all running, spinning and blasting, no more
stalling or bumping. We'll see how the weekend goes,but for now it seems
that fuse block corrosion was probably the source of my fun.

Steve Sage