Crossmember caster shims (wedges)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crossmember caster shims (wedges)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:31:14 -0700
   I remember a while back that someone mentioned increasing the angle of the
crossmember caster shims (wedges) to increase caster. This sounds logical with
the exception that in doing so at some point the crossmember bolts will not
tighten flush to the crossmember (if in fact they even do now with the stock
aluminium shim).

  Therefore, what is the maximum angle (or hight, front and back) that one
should go with. I don't have a milling machine, but was going to stack up the
required distance with square washers weld them together and then weld the
stacks to a strap that will be riveted to the original location. Thus,
intitally adjustable and readily made with common tools I can get just one
more thing completed. Note: though one of the original shims is in decent
shape the other is not.

  By the way I'm still looking for an upper fulcrim pin, straight of course
(help - help).

Thanks for your input.

Tom Witt B9470101