RE: 40K Tigers

To: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 40K Tigers
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 07:42:25 -0500
Why the need to withdraw the Mini-bloat comment?  Nothing insensitive about
it in my book.  Actually, a rather accurate description, I'd say.

The original Minis were an econobox that Cooper souped up because of it's
go-kart like handling.  The new Minis resemble the old, and share the
go-kart handling, but have way more creature comforts.

Frankly, I'm stunned by the attention the Mini gets.  Especially for a $20K
car - no more than a Honda Civic.  The retro VW Beatle can't touch it for
mass appeal.  I think it is the size.  Even though a foot longer than the
original, it is still two feet shorter than a Tiger (11 ft. vs. 13 ft).  My
wife says it is so ugly, it is cute.

Now a 2004 Tiger with similar looks as the original, 300 hp, modern
suspension and tires, and A/C?  That would be a stunner!  Can't be an exact
copy - people need to now it is a modern retro car and not a reproduction.
If successful (as in actually selling 25,000) it would do wonders for the
value of our old Tigers.  If it flops, however, I think it could actually
drive the price down.  Question is, what would it cost, and what else could
you buy for the same money?  I doubt the public at large would be willing to
pay more than $30K for such a beast.

As far as the magnet bumper sticker goes, I'd be happy to check into getting
a batch made.  Anybody have a photo of the original?