RE: Stiffening

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: Stiffening
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:27:45 -0600
Tim, David, and others:
If you're looking at stiffening the car without going to the extent of
putting in a full cage, then you could instead put in a roll bar, with
diagonals extending forward and down from the middle of the hoop sides
to the lower front corners of the door openings. You do make entry and
exit a little more difficult this way, but it does add some significant
bracing across a weak area in the car. Tim, you've seen this on Jim
Foster's car - dunno if you'd remember that detail or not.

Theo