RE: e-mail

To: PMUSS@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: e-mail
From: bmelusky@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:04:33 -0400
PMUSS@aol.com wrote:

>I am going to change my e-mail provider and will loose this screen name. can
>anyone tell me how to change this subscription to sent this list to my new
>one? Please help

Here is a copy of the original suscriber email for all to save if they have not
done it.  Where it says <YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS>, put in the email address you use
for the list without the <>:

Welcome to the tigers mailing list!

Please save this message for future reference.  Thank you.

you can send mail to <Majordomo@autox.team.net> with the following

   unsubscribe tigers

or from another account, besides <YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS>:

   unsubscribe tigers <YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS>

list itself) send email to <owner-tigers@autox.team.net> .
to contact a human.

Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
in case you don't already have it:

[Last updated on: Wed Dec 15 18:37:13 MST 1999]
You have been added to the Sunbeam Tiger mailing list.  Welcome! This is an
automated message.

The list is dedicated to discussion of all issues surrounding Sunbeam
Tigers.

Traffic on the list is fairly heavy, so be prepared...

If it gets to be too much for you, consider unsubscribing from the list and
resubscribing to the digest version of the list.  This sends compilations of
emails to the list, usually on a daily basis.  It really cuts down on the
traffic.  See below to find out how to subscribe to the Digest version.

By all means, tell us about yourself and your car(s).  The list is also a
good place to ask questions about just about any aspect of the Sunbeam
Tiger.  To mail a message to the list, send to tigers@autox.team.net.

The list is run by the "majordomo" software package.  To unsubscribe, send a
message to majordomo@autox.team.net with the words
   unsubscribe tigers
in the body of the message.

To subscribe to the digest version of the list, send a message to
majordomo@autox.team.net with the words
   subscribe tigers-digest
in the body of the message.  (Of course you unsubscribe from the digest as
above, using "tigers-digest" instead of "tigers" in the body.)

For more information about majordomo, send a message to
majordomo@autox.team.net with the words
   help
in the body of the message.

There is a lot of spam on the internet, so the server has it's spam filters
set pretty tight.  As a result, you must email the list from the account
from which you subscribed (this one.)  If you don't, the mail will just
bounce to the moderator (me.  I get all the junk mail.)  If your system
administrator changes your from or reply-to addresses, the same thing will
happen.  If I see bounces that look suspicious, I will ask you about it.

You can't send attachments through the server.  Again it will bounce to me.
Mail attachments directly to me or to TigerEd@excite.com and Kevin Meek or I
will post them on the web when we can.  You can then email the URL of the
attachment to the list after that.

You can't send HTML formatted email through the server.  Yep, it bounces to
me.  Change your email mode to plain text.  All email packages let you
change the default to plain text and most let you change the mode for
individual emails.

Don't put the words "subscribe", "unsubscribe" of "sub" anywhere in an email
to the list.  The server thinks you are trying to subscribe or unsubscribe
and, you guessed it, it gets bounced to me.

If you stay on the list while you are on vacation and your email inbox fills
up and starts rejecting the emails, I'll change your subscription to the
digest form for you.  If you stay on vacation for a long time, I'll drop you
off the list.  You'll have to resubscribe when you get back.

If you use an auto-reply feature when you are gone for any reason, the list
members will hate you and call you nasty names like "newbie."  It is much
better to unsubscribe from the list while you are gone.

We autoarchive the list emails at
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sunbeamtiger so you can see what
you may have missed.

My name is Mark Olson and I moderate this list.  My email address is
mark.w.olson@intel.com.  My Tiger page on the World Wide Web is at
http://www.corpdemo.com/tiger/.