RE: Authentication Validation

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>,
Subject: RE: Authentication Validation
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:18:07 -0600
Last time this car was auctioned the seller (Kruse) changed the ad to
say it was re-bodied using an Alpine shell. The fact they've re-listed
it as a Tiger without the amended text puts them on some pretty shaky
ground.

Here's the first Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6472&i
tem=2415601501

In general, I agree that going to the extent of emailing bidders
whenever a suspect Tiger is up for auction is too much. However, maybe
we ought to "invite" the bidders to join the Tiger mailing list so that
they can participate in the discussion and at least be ready to take the
proper steps to verify the identity of their purchase before it's too
late.

Theo