Re: Ignition

To: Scott Hutchinson <shutchin@netjets.com>,
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:01:10 -0700
Scott,

It will work fine with the points type resistor, and put out more
voltage with the resistor removed, BUT the Pertronix 2 has a great deal
more capability than the Pertonix I, which could only run the current
level of a points type with a resistor.  You can get more high voltage
from your stock coil with the resistor removed, but it will run
physically hotter, and may not be up to it.

You can also buy a high energy coil, such as the Pertronix Flamethrower
2, and get 50,000 volts instead of 10,000.  Of course you may need a
high energy blue large cap to stop cross-fire.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor