Re: Off Topic A/C Question

To: rpalmer@ucsd.edu, ssage@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Off Topic A/C Question
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:10:19 EDT
Another source of freon 12 might be through an individual who contracts out
to shops and such to remove freon when they aren't licensed.  In my area there
is one fellow who was into refrigeration repair.  He got the bright idea and
pretty much cornered the market on removing household refrigerator freon (I
think that's either freon 10 or 12).  He charges appliance shops and auto shops
to remove and store the freon.  And at $50-$90 a lb.  he has his retirement in
tanks in his garage.  The funny thing is that people and landfills (city
dumps) are paying him to remove the stuff.  Someone once told me that he had
tanks
of freon 12.  So, if you could find an individual like this.....

I read a few years back that just behind illegal drugs, the smuggling of
freon from Mexico into the US is the next largest product.

Mark L.