Re: Off Topic A/C Question...wierd stuff

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off Topic A/C Question...wierd stuff
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:34:23 -0400
http://www.al.noaa.gov/WWWHD/pubdocs/Assessment94/common-questions-q1.html
Wow, I went to the above government site, (and am now enlightened.  They
acknowledge that the cfc's are five times heavier than air, and state that they
migrate to the stratosphere through intermingling with weather.  Then, as their
proof, they cite atmospheric studies conclusively proving that cfc's are in the
stratosphere.  Ok, I'll bite.  The fact that they are found admittedly
demonstrates that there is some being carried skyward.  But here's the rub.  If
there were any significant percentage whatsoever, it would be trumpeted on the
page with Arlo Guthrie's proverbial red circles and arrows all over 8" x 10"
glossies.  Instead, the boogyman is said to exist under the bed, and the from
this iota of information we will all be eaten in our sleep. Sometimes there is
only one boogyman in a population of 278,000,000, and sometimes that boogyman
is either freindly or sleeping. Simply, the absence of any meaningful statistic
on any of the cites stating the volume or inundation of the cfc's or their
offending resultant molecules can be looked to as an affirmance that no
meaningful volume or inundation exists.
We may well be governed and herded by hyperbole.

Bob Nersesian