Trunk questions.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunk questions.
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:29:18 -0400
Here's the next installment of what the heck is it.  As you all might recall, I
am restoring a very original MK1a.  I have finished the trunk with two
exceptions.  Any advise or information on these will be greatly appriciated.

The first question relates to a buckle and strap that were riveted on the
driver's side near the back.  The car did not have a tool kit, and I am
guessing that these were for holding the tool kit.  Is there somewhere to get
the replacement webbed strap that originally came with the car.  It appears to
have originally been white, but was rotted away.

The second question concerns the wooden trunk floor.  There are two screws on
the outside rear of this trunk floor that were obviously hold downs akin to a
flush hood pin hold down ala Shelby Mustang.  There is nothing in the car for
these to bite, and whatever was there appears to have been removed.  What was
there, where was it, and where would I get replacements.  As replacements are
likely unavailable, does anyone have fabricating information on these parts.

Thanks all so much.

Bob Nersesian
B 382000975