Re: Cooling System Success at Last!

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Success at Last!
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:00:44 -0700
Steve,

Below, you describe the exact pump I purchased from Summit racing.
I did not spring for the polished model, I painted mine dark Ford blue to
match the rest of my engine.

The back side of the edelbrock hub is tapered to a diameter larger than 1
inch.
The fan and pulley won't sit on it properly unless some lathe work is
attempted.
I started to pull the hub off and make the mods, but it was on really tight
and my steering wheel puller was not happy trying to move it.  I did some
calculations and decided there was enough room to press the hub on far
enough to put the pulleys in line.  Then I made and pressed on a 1 inch
diameter cylinder.  This made for a nice close fit with the pulley and fan.
My parts slip on easily and have almost no radial runout.  Work real good,
last long time :)