RE: sinking throttle pedal

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: sinking throttle pedal
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:30:08 -0600
Sounds like the throttle shaft is too smooth (and worn down) to allow
the pull arm to grip it properly. I don't know if it's practical to
braze or weld the two together (you may not be able to re-install the
thing afterwards, and adjustment becomes problematic), but what you can
do is to rough up the area of the shaft that the throttle arm sits on,
by taking a new set of Vise-grips (with sharp teeth) and using it to
effectively raise portions of the surface by firmly gripping the
throttle arm area of the shaft with the plier jaw serrations.

Theo