Tiger Wheels and Tires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger Wheels and Tires
From: RSSmithIQ@cs.com
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:29:28 EDT
I have a '66 Mk1A and am looking to upgrade the wheel and tires.  Having had
quite a few British cars back in the 60's, I'm partial to the look of
Minilites.  My question is about sizing the wheels and tires.  I'm planning to
put
spacers on the rears to correct the track.  Should I consider the 14x6 or the
15x6.5?  Any major disadvantages of the 15's?  What size tires are recommended
for each?  I'm looking to avoid as many "fit" problems as possible.  I'm hoping
not to decrease the overall tire diameter if possible as I wish I had a 5th
gear already!  Will I need to re-calibrate the speedo to match the setup?
Also,
has anyone had experience with the 14x5.5 Minilite look-alikes that Victoria
British sells?  Any recommended sources for good prices?

Thanks- Randy

Randy Smith
34752 Charles Town Pike
Purcellville, VA  20132