RE: Tiger Wheels and Tires

To: <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger Wheels and Tires
From: "Randall Antosiak" <randya@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:41:45 -0700
Hi Randy - We have a lot in common. I also have a '66 Mk 1A and my name is
Randy.

When I was in the market for new wheels and tires, I did a big study.  I
thought the 13" Tiger wheels looked too small, and I also wanted to even up
the front and rear track.  Also, I wanted to get something that looked
period.  The 15" are supposed to handle great, but don't look period in my
opinion.

I ended up buying 14 x 6 Minilite sport wheels directly from England.  I
think they look great.  I got them in different offsets to even up the
track.  I got Dunlop tires: 195/65/14.  Cost for the wheels was $750,
shipped to California.

Now for the bad part - some metal bending is required.  You won't notice it,
though.  The front valence had to be bent slighly.  For the rears, the inner
lip over the wheels had to be bent up slight, just the final 3/16 of an
inch.

I can give you more details if you are interested.

Check out this website for pictures of the wheels: www.minilite.co.uk

Good luck, Randy Antosiak