RE: Red Rubber Grease

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Red Rubber Grease
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:00:02 -0400
Tom
        If you plan to use silicone brake fluid do not use the red grease.
I had problems with an interaction between these 2 making black globs that
made the pistons and cylinders hang up.   I had to clear the whole system
and start over.   Use silicone brake fluid as the lubricant.

        You maybe able to substitute silicone grease, but I have never tried
that on a brake system.

        The Red grease usually comes in every rebuild kit and you only use a
slight amount to lube the rubber, so you would not see it but you should
feel that it is slippery.

        Ron Fraser