Re: Tie Rods--Question

To: Jen/Scott <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tie Rods--Question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:14:31 -0700
Scott.

Looks like we rely on "it's in the book" too much, at least as far as
the Workshop Manual is concerned.  Not only are expected and discussed
components not illustrated, but too often those that are (like the disc
brake rotors) are not from any Tiger or Alpine I know of.

The best I've been able to do, at the moment, (being currently stuck in
a wheelchair) is to find a discussion article on Ackerman Angles, and a
photo of Bob Jaffe's car, provided by Larry Paulick.  When I get
released from involuntary captivity, I'll try crawling under my car and
taking a picture of what a greasy one looks like. (9->

http://www.tigersunited.com/tech_tips/AckermanAngle/pt-AckermanAngle1.asp

Unfortunately, I am not so certain that modifications might not also
have been made.

Maybe Larry, or Bob can add some light, or heat.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor