RE: Dual Circuit Master cylinder

To: "Larry Allbritton" <larryall@pacbell.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dual Circuit Master cylinder
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:43:32 -0700
Larry,

The dual master cylinder will not change the front/rear brake bias so long
as the cylinder bores controlling the front and rear brakes are equal
diameter, and I think they are. In any case, the Tiger's rear drum slave
cylinders are too small anyway, so there's little chance of you getting too
much braking in the rear. (I recommend going to Series II slave cylinders to
help this problem.) I understand that what you are looking for is an '86 or
thereabouts Ford Courier dual master cylinder. Here's a link to an on-line
source, but there are many others (do a Google search) if you don't have any
'junk yards' - oh excuse me - automotive recyclers in your area.

http://www.salvageautoparts.com/ford-courier-suspension_parts-suspensionpart
sbrake_master_cylinder-buy_parts_imedia.html

Bob Palmer
rpalmer@ucsd.edu
robertpalmer@paulhastings.com
rpalmerbob@adelphia.net