Restoration Ruminations

To: "'Tiger List \(Tiger List\)'" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Restoration Ruminations
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:09:44 -0700
Hi,  I'm getting really close to the end of my Tiger restoration and am
starting to reflect on the whole ordeal.  The first thing to jump out
and strike me is the amazing amount of effort, hours and money I have
put into this endeavor.  The hours are mind boggling.  I know I'm a rank
armature with respect to auto restoration and in addition this is my
first Sunbeam restoration but it still is incredible how much time has
gone into this project.  I'd estimate I've invested between 2500 and
3000 hours in the restoration.  This does not include the time spent
researching component configurations, parts hunting and attending Tiger
related events.  Am I really slow?  Maybe I'm just sort of slow and a
little too anal.  Am I nuts?  I must be,  If I applied a reasonable
valuation to my time and add what I spent on the original purchase of
the car and all the 10's of thousands spent on parts and bodywork I must
have about 5X more invested in this car than I'll ever be able to sell
it for, which is no big thing because I'll hopefully never sell it.  On
the other hand it has kept me off the streets.

Frank
B9471116