Re: 4 bbl carb 500 cfm or 650?

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: 4 bbl carb 500 cfm or 650?
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:32:17 -0700
I can't resist rising to this bait... Dave, a DC electric motor has huge torque
even at 0 RPM, but that still doesn't actually get you anywhere. If your stock
engine produced 200 foot pounds at 2000 RPM, and my tweaked engine made 150
foot-pounds at 4000 RPM, I'd still be able to accelerate more quickly (other
things being more-or-less equal) because I could put in a 2:1 gear reduction to
give me 300 foot-pounds at 2000 rpm. Horsepower is torque multiplied by RPM, and
_that_ is what gets you off the lights or up a hill.

Best regards,
Theo