Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale

To: Gary <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:21:56 -0800
Hi Gary:
You mean a light little car like, say, a lotus 7? :-)

Actually, you're right--the Tiger falls into a 'lightweight' class just
by attrition--it's getting tough to find a large scale automaker who's
offerings are much less than 2800 lb these days--and the idea of running
around in a 1300 lb Lotus 7, while attractive, takes on an entirely
different aspect when surrounded by 5,000 lb SUV's.

But it's things like this link that have me concerned:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/08/000811060729.htm

If they actually install these things, I have visions of having to
defend myself regularly to the smog police (who was it who said that any
communication from government to citizen invariably contains a threat of
some sort?) by reminding them that my '66 Tiger is exempt here in
California. Of course, it's supposed to be *their* responsibility to
prove that my car is subject both to current emissions standards and
that it's exceeding them--so why do I still feel uneasy?
Okay, that's the rant for now.....

Regards

David (Luddite) Sosna