RE: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale

To: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:23:07 -0700
How about ".... from having a flat horsepower curve through a wide RPM
band?". Because when people argue torque vs. horsepower, THAT's what
they're really arguing about: a broad (but possibly lower peak) power
output range, vs. a narrow, high-peak power output. It's all about
maximizing the area under the curve as dictated by the transmission you
use, and the traffic environment you have to cope with.

Theo