Classic Cars - For the Young at Heart

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Cars - For the Young at Heart
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:07:52 -0800
Tigers,

Since viewing Derek White's Bugatti, and Brookstone Riley he acquired, I
have been daydreaming about the old classics.  They really had
character, not cookie cutter sameness.

My grandson asked his father (Jay) for a kid sized MG-TC (My favorite,
if you don't have to drive it).  It was particularly memorable as Jay
built a wooden Bugatti for the Cub Scouts model car gravity race.  He
used the stock Scout kit, wheels, etc. and finished it so well it was a
knock-out.  He won the race, but was disqualified because the car was so
well finished they thought I had helped him.  I did not, other than
advise, and it was a blow. Just like your own experiences with the
Concour judging. :-)

Anyway, to cut to the chase, he found a web site with plans for a "kids
sized TC".  They sell the plans, and he is already modifying them in his
head to make the grill more like the original.  If you are interested
for your son, grandson (/daughter), or even yourself, it is:

http://www.stevproj.com/FAPToys.html

HOWEVER, if you are not that handy and want one already completed, here is your
"last" chance to get an electric powered Mercedes Benz SSK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=418&item=2202020495

or an MG-K3 (Magnette), although they also call it a "TC", which it is not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=418&item=2202036392

Caution:  Ebay links are so long that our list server sometimes does not allow
the entire length to be in the link.  If your received version does NOT have
the "=220203XXXX" underlined as a hot link, it will not work.  Copy/pasting the
ENTIRE address into your browser, or adding the missing bits manually before
engaging browser, will get you there.

Sorry, haven't found a Tiger kit yet, and Derek White never was able to
complete his hand carved ebony model project in Zimbabwe.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman