Still have oil/water problems

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Still have oil/water problems
From: Jay Peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 11:08:19 -0800
After thinking lst week that I had identified the source of water in my
oil (oil dipstick out when water was gushing down towards the hole),
when I went to start
the car up again, I found that the fluid level in the pan had risen
again by a couple of quarts over a 24 hr time span. After making this
discovery it became clear I had a second source of water getting into
the oil or maybe 1 problem that I had
misdiagnosed earlier. At any rate I pulled the timing cover Fri night
and found a pin hole from the surface behind the water pump into the oil
side of the cover. I think this is good news as the rest of the engine
should be OK, but now I am looking for a new cover. The
cover, C4OE-6059-B is the same as the Tiger one so I was wondering if
anyone on the list has one they would be willing to part with. I think
Tim Ronak ran into a similar problem a while back so if you are out
there Tim, did you find a cover source? While looking for a new one, I
will try and weld this one up, but it would be good to have a backup
part in case mine does not weld up.
TIA,
Jay Peterson