Where did one of the 61' Sebring cars go?

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Where did one of the 61' Sebring cars go?
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:38:58 -0500
I just received confirmation from Bill
Buchman's son that his family, in Sarasota,
Fl, bought one of the three 1961 Sebring Alpine
right after the race...

Anyone seen a RHD Alpine in Sarasota lately? :)

Hey, it's a start... I would bet if it still exist it is within a 100
mile radius of Sarasota.

The good news is that I have been able to verify specific ownership
of all but one of the 6 factory built Alpine immediately after the 12
hour Sebring race.

No luck so far finding the car which had been in Salt Lake City... Don
Stephan actually
purchased boxes of spare racing parts which had been Ralph's in the
early 90's.
... I ran a "want" advertisement in the autotrader looking for a RHD
Alpine
and didn't get a response... Ok... that was a very long shot...

Who knows... perhaps we will see one of these 1961 Alpine surface.

Steve Silverstein