RE: Side molding install

To: <VegasLegal@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Side molding install
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:23:21 -0500
Bob
        Your best bet will be to strip the car down to bare metal to find
all the original holes.   If the previous shop used lead they will be easy
to spot and easy be drill out.  Contact Rick about the exact original hole
size and the total number of holes.

The nylon clips are easy, with the pin out push the clip into the hole then
push the pin in flush with the rest of the clip.    The pin expands the part
of the clip you pushed into the hole.    The molding just pushes over these
clips.    The original molding had a couple threaded clips which held the
molding in place.   The nylon clips will let the molding move some but I
have never had any problems with them plus I inspect the clips now and then
and replace any that look bad.

Ron Fraser