Re: Side molding install

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Side molding install
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:25:21 -0800
Tom,

You are a wonderful resource.  Wish I had asked you before filing away
at the stainless.   ;-)   But, now that it is done, it looks like it
will last longer than the rest of the car. :-)

I replace all trim screws, bolts, studs, etc. with stainless wherever I
encountered one that really wasn't grade 8 structural.  They were
acceptably available and priced at a local boat supply store.  Had them
in bins and plastic drawers.  Poly bag and take to counter, just like
fruit and vegetables.  About a nickel a piece for small stuff.  Somewhat
higher in 1/4 sizes.

Steve

--
-----