Re: Extra Water Pump Pulley?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Extra Water Pump Pulley?
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:31:21 EST
<<Does anyone know if that bolt hole in my water pump housing is, in fact,
intended for a belt pulley, and if so, where I could find one that might
work?>>
Steve,

That bolt hole location was probably meant for an alternator/generator
adjusting arm or a strut on an accessory for a different car. By itself, it
would in
no way take the load of a belt idler pulley. You may however be able to use
it in conjunction with some other water pump bolts to attach an adequate idler
pulley bracket.

                                                     John Logan