Re: Extra Water Pump Pulley?

To: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Extra Water Pump Pulley?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:21:31 -0800
Steve,

The early Ford A/C system did have an "idler pulley" that rode the back
side of the A/C drive belt for increased grip.  The "pulley" was a flat
roller idler pulley - no groove.  These bolted to the timing chain
cover, or water pump, with extended length bolts replacing the originals.

As I dimly recall from my '65 Mustang, this pulley and bracket were part
of a system that used a second shive pulley on the crank, and a second
"V" belt to drive the A/C accessory system.  It was used by both Ford
and after market suppliers of A/C systems.

It was available in a Pick-a-Part yard, though may be rare, and an after
market Air Conditioning system supply house in Tampa, FL that
specializes in complete systems (in both old and new A/C fluids), kit
car systems, parts, etc.  I am sorry but don't recall the name.  Try a
Kit Car magazine.

Steve L.

--
-----