A Non Starter

Subject: A Non Starter
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:55:36 -0800
Apparently since things have been slow on the list lately, the Tiger
refuses to start today, just so we have something to talk about. It acts
as if the battery is pretty much completely dead (stereo plays, but no
lights, fuel pump action, no more even clicking from the starter, just
dead). I just tested battery voltage across the terminals with a
multi-meter and get 12.7 volts, which I understand is supposed to be
about a normal reading, if I read the manual correctly. Can I get that
12.7 volt reading and still have a dead, or defective battery?

Steve Sage