Battery Must Be OK

Subject: Battery Must Be OK
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:12:20 -0800
I just went out to the car and it started right up several times!???
The only weird thing was that at first, tonight after starting, the
right headlamp didn't go on. A couple of minutes later, it came on.

I had driven in a good deal of rain yesterday so I'll bet something got
wet somewhere. The ground (negative) strap from the battery to the car
body (in the trunk) does look pretty used. I wonder if I should change
that out.

What's the most likely spot (or spots) to look for somewhere where water
would cause things to temporarily short and not allow starting?

When I tried unsuccessfully to start the car this morning, the starter
did click a couple of times, then nothing, until tonight when it starts
perfectly!!! (???)

Steve Sage