Re: Non-functioning instruments

To: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Subject: Re: Non-functioning instruments
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:47:01 -0800
JHMEARSRN@aol.com wrote:

> I went out and fired up the Tiger today; first time since last summer.  The
>gas guage,
>temp guage, and tach are not working.  Is this one problem causing this or
>three?
>Any input appreciated.............John
>
>John Mears

John:
Still check your fuses in the fuse holder. The fuses are probably OK,
but those little silver clips they press into get corroded. Take a flat
edge screwdriver, or small file, and just chisel off the grey surface
corrosion until the clips are pretty shiny where the fuses make contact
with them. Be careful not to apply too much pressure and break the
clips. I had the exact same problem a couple of times and this solved
it. Of course, it could be something elee too, but this would be the
first and easiest thing to try.

Steve Sage