Re: Non-functioning instruments (source)

To: <JHMEARSRN@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non-functioning instruments (source)
From: "David" <wopdft@tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:45:45 -0800
Hi Tiger owners,

I too have one of these voltage stabilisers and it has corrected my
Fuel/Temp gauges. They used to wander up/down the scale. The solid state
doodah is definitely a good buy. Easy to fit, comes with all you need (good
instructions etc)....I bought it from coolsunbeam via eBay.

I suffered similar problems with my tach and gauges a couple of years ago
and after much angst/frustration under the dashboard my wife(!!) suggested I
check the fuse! I had done this but this time I removed it and noticed that
the fuse holder tension was less than it should be due to some klutz (me)
replacing fuse cover incorrectly  - I had wedged fuse cover in between fuse
holder and fuse - once I retensioned this - all was well.

Morale, always check easy/accessable/obvious stuff first!!

Cheers
David Tweddle
Perth Western Aust.