Re: Hardtop Question

To: fd911medic@aol.com, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hardtop Question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:00:11 -0800
Fire Dept. Medic (no name provided),

Yes, as a matter of fact it will.  I have a 1965 Sunbeam (Tiger) and
have a 1967 Hardtop on it.  Fits fine. It does have some small holes for
the newer soft tonneau, but no impact.  As a matter of fact the newer
rear one piece rubber seal, and smaller triangular tips, are a distinct
improvement on paint wear over the large 3 piece rubber sections.

I advise everyone replacing rubber to consider adding a short piece of
channel at the rear corner to accommodate the new rubber design, if the
newer seals are still available.  Reduce paint damage significantly, and
eliminate it with narrow static cling vinyl film (removable).

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman