insurance

To: "tiger list" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: insurance
From: "Sharon Mountjoy" <mtjoy@telis.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:35:20 -0800
Mike,

Stay AWAY from Hagerty!

The story goes something like this...  Had been with Hagerty for awhile with
the Snake, Tiger, Thunderbirds, etc...  you get the picture.  Been a good
customer...  no claims.  2002, I go to Monterey, bid on & get the LM Tiger.  I
went over to Hagerty's peanut gallery at the auction and talk to John Pampu,
Hagerty's VP of marketing.  I'm a Hagerty customer.  I just got the LM Tiger.
Am I covered?  Absolutely!  No problem.

The next day my "friend" takes out my new car before I've even driven it and
crashes it big time.  I contact Hagerty about the incident.  Their response:
Gee, we'd love to cover your claim but you never registered it with us so
we're denying the claim.

Bottom line, they have all the right bull-shit sliding out of their mouths
until you need them.  Then you're on your own.  Bitter? Damn straight, about
34K worth.

My 2" worth.

Darrell
________

Listers,

Its time to renue the policy on the Tiger and due to horrible service by my

Any thoughts or comments regarding Grundy or Hagerty?

Any others?

FYI, I got on-line quotes listing the car at a value of $27,500. Hagerty was
$426.00, Grundy was $178.65. For 1 year.

My old policy was with American Collectors, and I have nothing good to say
about them.

Mike Sutter
Ramona CA