Vice-Grips

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Vice-Grips
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:07:58 EST
Here is my best memory of the use of Vice-Grips, or Hillbilly Socket Set as
we like to call them.

Many years ago, an acquaintance of mine broke the steering wheel on his old
Plymouth. While he was replacing the wheel he realized that during the process
of trying to get the broken wheel off, he had mushroomed the threaded end of
the shaft so that he couldn't get the nut to thread back on.

The last time I saw him, he had been driving the car for some time with
Vice-Grips clamped to the shaft, acting as a steering wheel.

          John Logan