RE: Vice-Grips

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vice-Grips
From: "Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:35:12 -0500
        Vice-Grips are useful and handy for many purposes, you just have to
think
about any risks you might be taking when you use them on a car your driving.

Sometimes you need to safety wire them in place in case they might possibly
vibrate loose and cause havoc under the hood or under the car.

        Many years ago I was driving through a rough section of the city in
a 71 Datsun 510.
The shifter was starting to feel strange and then on one shift it came
completely out of
the boot, so I threw it on the back seat.   I grabbed my Vice-Grips, locked
them onto what was left of the shift mechanism on the transmission and had a
very short shifter the rest of the way home.

Just my 2cents.
Ron Fraser

---