50 Year old Classic! - No Tiger Content

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 50 Year old Classic! - No Tiger Content
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:38:21 -0700
Sure,

The Tiger is a desirable classic, and the Alpine has excellent vintage
points.  BUT, have you ever had your heart and mind attracted to a
different sports car?  While I have always admired the clean, classic
look (if not driveability) of the MG-TC, there has always been one car
that I have looked at covetously.  Just like Jimmy Carter, I have
"sinned in my mind with lascivious desire", on occasion.  ;-)

The Porsche 550 Spyder (ala James Dean) was first produced as a custom
"hot rod" by Walter Glockler in 1950, with a 48 bhp 1086 cc 4 cylinder
VW racer.  By 1953 Porsche decided it was something they should be
building, and started with their own 98 hp 1500 Super, and continued
racing variations of this car thru 1955, with varying degrees of success.

It was low, sleek, fast, nimble, and beautiful.  Fiberglass replicas
were built in later years, but that original was really a remarkable
vehicle.

Now, you too can own a remarkable likeness of this historic vehicle, as
it is again in production starting at $5900,  with upgrades and options
to over $9,000.

Be the first kid on your block to own one.  You too can be another
Herbert Kaes, Heim Glockler, Hans Hernann, Josie Von Neumann, or Ken Miles!:

<http://www.zoospeed.com/>   (turn your speakers on)

--
-----

Steve Laifman